The Australian Association for Literary Translation has its own peer-reviewed online journal, launched in March 2010. The AALITRA Review (ISSN 1838-1294) can be downloaded from the links below:
We’ve published the latest issue of The AALITRA Review which you can read by clicking here: No. 17: Special Issue (2022) [https://ojs.latrobe.edu.au/
Co-Editors: Lola Sundin and Cristina Savin
Editorial Assistants: Hirari Oyoshi and Yue Pong Lam
Editorial Advisory Committee: Brian Nelson, Leah Gerber, Rick Qi and Robert Savage
Editorial Advisory Board: Esther Allen (Baruch College, City University of New York), Harry Aveling (Monash University), Peter Bush (Oxford), John Coetzee (University of Adelaide), Nicholas Jose (University of Adelaide), Alyson Waters (Yale University), Kevin Windle (Australian National University).
The AALITRA Review publishes a variety of high-quality material concerned with literary translation, and translations of literary texts with a critical introduction and commentary by the translator. It hopes to foster a community of literary translators and to be a forum for lively debate concerning issues related to the translation of literary texts. All submissions are subject to anonymous peer review.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- scholarly articles on aspects of translation (both practical and theoretical)
- interviews with established translators or Translation Studies scholars on aspects of their work
- book reviews of major Translation Studies publications
- book reviews of literary translations into English, or of Australian writing into other languages
- original translations into English of literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
- original translations of Australian literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) into languages other than English, accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator written in English
We ask contributors to become members of AALITRA for at least the year in which their piece is published.
We accept submissions at any time of the year.
Submissions, which must be prepared according to the Guidelines for Contributors, should be submitted through the journal website https://ojs.latrobe.edu.au/ojs/index.php/AALITRA/index