The Australian Association for Literary Translation has its own peer-reviewed online journal, launched in March 2010. The AALITRA Review (ISSN 1838-1294) can be downloaded from the links below:
Editor: Brigid Maher (La Trobe University)
Special Editorial Adviser: Brian Nelson (Monash University)
Editorial Assistant: Alice Whitmore (Monash University)
Editorial Advisory Board: Esther Allen (Baruch College, City University of New York), Harry Aveling (Monash University), Peter Bush (Barcelona), John Coetzee (University of Adelaide), Francis Jones (Newcastle University, UK), Nicholas Jose (University of Adelaide), Barbara McGilvray (Sydney), John Minford (Australian National University), Alyson Waters (Yale University), Kevin Windle (Australian National University).
The AALITRA Review publishes a variety of high-quality material concerned with literary translation, and translations of literary texts from other languages into English with a critical introduction and commentary by the translator. It hopes to foster a community of literary translators and to be a forum for lively debate concerning issues related to the translation of literary texts. All submissions are subject to anonymous peer review.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- scholarly articles on aspects of translation (both practical and theoretical)
- interviews with established translators or Translation Studies scholars on aspects of their work
- book reviews of major Translation Studies publications
- book reviews of literary translations into English, or of Australian writing into other languages
- original translations into English of literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
We ask contributors to become members of AALITRA for at least the year in which their piece is published.
The next issue will come out in May 2016. We accept submissions at any time of the year.